Welcome to Lib's Blog

Just a page for me to bore or fascinate you, with anything from hard news, to film reviews, or just accounts of my day...enjoy!

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

JIMEOIN: IS HE REALLY LOVELY?


My first impression of Jimeoin left me a little deflated. After watching Jimeoin next to Michael McIntyre in his Comedy Roadshow, I felt that although the comedian was amusing, he didn’t have me cracking up like McIntyre. So when Jimeoin announced he was coming down to Brighton on his of tour Lovely (2012), I thought for £15 I would see if the Irish-Austrian comedian could prove me wrong.   

Jimeoin took to the stage of Komedia Comedy Club in the North Lanes last night. The venue is very popular in Brighton. However I was disappointed that the club was actually very run down, with shoddy seating and overpriced drinks. We were the first ones there and bravely took front row seats; luckily we escaped with minimal disgraces.

The comedian took to the stage for an hour and a half, fortunately with no tedious support acts! He had most of his audience in stitches for the duration but me; I found his jokes mildly amusing but far from hysterical. If stand up is your thing, seeing Jimeoin in your local town is a good night out, but he is no McIntyre.    

No comments:

Post a Comment