Welcome to Lib's Blog

Just a page for me to bore or fascinate you, with anything from hard news, to film reviews, or just accounts of my day...enjoy!

Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Friendship

We all have the opportunity to make a variety of friends. School friends, College friends, University friends and friends we just meet along the way. But how do we determine which ones are worth making, which ones are worth keeping and which ones are worth trusting?
I alike many, make split decisions on people the first time I meet them. I decide if I like them, if they are a good person and whether they feel good to be around. I have many friends that have been loyal to me over the years; but just a few of them have broken my heart.
No matter how much you want to believe that a person is good and that they will change, you have to accept that they have no respect for you or themselves. Savage Garden told me that ‘forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness’, which I have discovered is true. Allowing someone to walk all over you time and time again is not worth your pain or pride.
I guess it’s all a process of growing up. But I wonder how many people will let me down before I find my true friends. They say that friends are the family we make for ourselves, but to truly believe this would mean that when a friend betrays you it hurts you, more than most. Maybe the lesson to be learn't is regardless of how much you love a friend, they are not your family and family is the only thing worth fighting for.

1 comment: